After 89 HBOT
58 year old male; Accomplished architect with decline in work and memory 8 years ago.
Alzheimer's diagnosis 5 1/2 years ago; started on Aricept.
- Continued to decline over next 3 years.
- Started CPAP (for sleep apnea) 9/98 without effect 3 years prior to HBOT treatments.
- Switched to Neotrophin for 9 months - limited improvement.
- 9/2000 began Exelon; dose increased to maximum level 6 weeks before HBOT.
89 HBOT treatments.
- During treatment progressive slow improvement in cognition/behavior.
- Generalized non significant improvement in scores.
- Some new learning ability.
- Symptomatically patient better.
- Patient taken off Exelon due to side effects.
- Continuing HBOT & beginning to resume normal life activities.